Main Gallery, 1st Floor, ©Bill Antalek
Thursday, October 15, 2009, the Palm Beach Photographic Centre received their Certificate of Occupancy on all 33,000 sq. ft. of our new facility. On November 13 we hosted our Grand Opening and Reception. Over 3000 people attended. Our inagural exhibits included photographs from Presidential Inaugurations and Historic White House Moments, Celebrating US." Photographers included Karen Ballard, David Hume Kennerly, Robert McNeely and Paul Morse. Also, images by Anna Tomczak, “Gatherings: Exploring the Nature of Still Life.” The museum has 5000 square feet of floor space.
In the Community Gallery on the second floor, we hosted the 13th Annual INFOCUS Juried Exhibition featuring work by the members of the Palm Beach Photographic Centre.
>CLICK HERE to see our current exhibits and exhibit schedule.
IN OUR NEW HOME, WE WILL PROVIDE:
• Greatly expanded exhibition space to showcase Florida and international artists
• Increased frequency and size of photography and digital imaging workshops
• State-of-the-art classrooms, studios, and labs
• Expanded evening lectures for the general public
• More after-school activities for children
• New collaborative community programs with the West Palm Beach Public Library
• Digital print center and exclusive Leica shop
• Increased office space to accommodate newly created staff positions
Community Gallery, 2nd Floor, ©Bill Antalek
Currently, we are offering benefactors a limited number of naming opportunities for our: building facade, entry arcade, exhibition galleries, classrooms, and offices. For more information regarding your support of the Photo Centre’s future, please contact Fatima NeJame at email@example.com.
We need help from our volunteers to attend the museum. Volunteering at the centre has many benefits. For information, or to become a volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561.253.2600.