Members: $725 • Non-members: $795 • Prerequisites: None
Space Limited to 10 participants.
Special Hotel Prices for Workshop Registrants
© Jack Davis
In this workshop Jack Davis (best-selling author, Photoshop Hall-of-Famer and international lecturer on creative photography), will show with samples and demonstrations why the iPhone and it's plethora of apps is changing the world of photography - one giddy smile at a time! Then the class will get out to create their own masterpieces using the tips, tricks and apps they used inside!
Jack will be focusing on five different areas of iPhotography (:
© Jack Davis
1. The incredible coolness of having a camera with you 24/7, always available, always ready for the moment, the story, the experiment!
2. Different Camera/Shooting apps - ways to use the iPhone to shoot panoramas, high dynamic range images, time lapse, motion blur and of course HD video.
3. Enhancing apps - used to get the best color, tone and detail from your photos.
4. Embellishing apps - how to go beyond the shot to Interpret the scene using extended tone, retro or antiquing effects, frames, textures and collaging/ combining different images.
5. Ways to Share and Archive your photography via email, collages, social networks, web galleries, videos, journals (using the new iPhoto), back to other devices and your computer and even prints (you remember those?;)
Mobile photography and mobile photo manipulation really IS a new creative renaissance! And whether you are a complete novice and the iPhone is sparking your first love affair with photography, or you are a seasoned pro that is finding their creative juices reignited by the freedom of leaving your big boy camera at home, or somewhere in between, this workshop is for you!
> MORE IMAGES! See Jack's iPhone Sampler Page
Jack Davis is one of the world’s leading experts on Photoshop and iPhonography, as well as himself being an award-winning photographer. Jack is coauthor of a dozen different creative titles including the bestselling (a million copies+ in 12 languages) guide to Photoshop, The Photoshop Wow! Book, and How to Wow: Photoshop for Photography.
For over 20 years Jack has been an internationally renowned spokesperson on digital imagery, and routinely teaching at conferences and workshops around the world. Davis is part of the “Dream Team” at the Photoshop World Conferences and was one of the first inductees into the Photoshop Hall of Fame for his lifetime contributions to the industry.
Jack has an MA and MFA in Digital Imagery, and when he’s not in his studio in San Diego, he’s usually somewhere in Polynesia, iPhone in hand, capturing the local color.