Travel to Cuba: The Ultimate People to People Experience
November 9 - November 13
with Vincent Versace
In 1492, Christopher Columbus landed on and claimed the island now occupied by Cuba, for the Kingdom of Spain. Amid the warm crystalline waters of the sparkling Caribbean, over 500 years of roller-coaster history have conspired to create one of Latin America’s most electric and culturally unique societies. ‘Habana is very much like a rose,’ said Fico Fellove in the movie The Lost City, ‘it has petals and it has thorns…so it depends on how you grab it. But in the end it always grabs you.’
You will have the opportunity to explore and photograph the neighborhoods of Havana and Trinidad, and to engage in person-to-person activities with Cubans and their everyday life. Meet with Cuban historians, teachers, artists, musicians, naturalists, and others, and experience this fast-changing island nation through their eyes. Your cameras will record the warm vibrant people of this rapidly changing Caribbean nation. You will bring their lives, occupations and homes into today’s focus. Your experiences will be unique and you will be fascinated by the authenticity of each and every day.
A one-of-a-kind experience, with access to Schools, Artists, Musicians, Ballet figures and dance schools, Sports figures, Artisans, a cigar plantation, rum factory and much more.
Join the Palm Beach Photographic Centre with its Master Photographer Vincent Versace to lead you into modern day Cuba.
- Non-stop round trip flights from Miami to Santiago de Cuba and Havana to Miami
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
- Travel on people to people license
- Cuba Entry Visa
- Legal Letter of authorization
- Pre-trip departure information
- Land transportation and local transfers in Cuba
- Three nights high end apartments in Centro Havana and hotel in Santiago de Cuba. All private rooms, each with its own bathroom, daily cleaning service, daily breakfast.
- All Meals, at “Paladares” and unique private restaurants
- Comprehensive educational exchange program, including entrance fees to places listed in itinerary
- The required Cuban Insurance (health and evacuation
- Expert Tour Leader
- All entrance fees and meals that are listed on the itinerary
- Full schedule of guided people-to-people activities
TRIP FEE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Cost of obtaining a passport.
- Travel/cancellation insurance.
- Internal Air (Santiago to Havana).
- Any optional event that requires an admission fees, such as museums, night clubs, anything listed as optional in the itinerary.
- Night time performances
- All expenses of a personal nature
- Airline baggage fees (first bag $20 to Havana and 1st bag free returning from Havana)
- Any excess baggage charges
- Cuban Airport Departure tax (25 CUC/$29 USD)
- Any additional cost(s) not included in the itinerary
- Tips are not included: Tips for your guides, drivers, servers and chambermaids are not included.
Our cancellation policy is available on our Registration Information page under the Travel Workshops section.
CLICK HERE to read our cancellation policy.
VINCENT VERSACE is a recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Award in Media Arts & Entertainment, the Shellenberg fine art award, a six time nominee to the Photoshop Hall of Fame and is the author of the best selling book, Welcome to Oz: A cinematic Approach to Digital Still Photography with Photoshop which was chosen as Shutterbug Magazine’s best how to book of the year. His work is part of the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution’s Museum of American History. Vincent is the photographer of Immediate Assistants Medical Rescue Go Team. He is a member of the Epson Stylus Pros, a a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens, an Xrite Colorotti, Lexar Elite Photographer, an American Photo Magazine Mentor Trek and Master Class instructor and a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals Instructor Dream Team teaching regularly at Photoshop World and the Maine Photographic and Palm Beach Photographic Workshops. Vincent was the original host of the Epson Print Academy. Articles about his work in conjunction with digital workflows have appeared in American Photo, Popular Photography, Shutterbug, Outdoor Photographer, Pro Digital Imaging, PDN, What Digital camera, Petersen’s Photographic, PC Camera, Studio Design and Photography Professional Photographer and Digital Imaging magazines.
FATIMA NEJAME is an accomplished photographer with many awards for her color photography and is a contributor to the Focal Encyclopedia of Photography on the subject of color photography. Fatima is a recognized digital imaging expert, who has been teaching digital photography and digital techniques for the last 19 years. She is the executive director of the Palm Beach Photographic Centre where she oversees day-to-day operations, marketing and technical operations for the Museum exhibitions and programming. She is much traveled and has led and taught many travel and classroom workshops and seminars. She is an author and renown lecturer on digital cameras, photography and technical aspects of the digital world.