Monday, August 16, 2021
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET (includes breaks)
In this workshop Jeremy will introduce you to one of the most powerful and popular drawing/painting apps on the iPad, Procreate, and share some tips, techniques, and ideas for using Procreate, alongside some other cool art apps, for creating painterly works of art from your photos.
1. Start with a Solid Foundation – Choosing and preparing a source image, creating Waterlogue and Glazing versions, understanding the Procreate interface, setting up your Procreate preferences, starting a new project, introducing an interesting background, basic workflow.
2. Form & Transform – Using the source photo as a reference, choosing and picking color, applying and controlling brushes, working with layers and blending modes to add textural richness to your composition, applying effects from the adjustments menu.
3. Finish & Share – Adding final accents, refinements, and touches. Preparing your art for printing. Sharing your art and replay videos on social media. Printing options, resources, and ideas.
1) iPad or iPad Pro (fully charged and with most recent iOS installed) with Apple Pencil (fully charged)
2) The latest versions of the following apps installed ahead of class:
3) A selection of five source photographs to paint from, each easily accessible in your iPad Camera Roll (suggest making a custom “Sources” album for them), approximately 3000×4000 pixel dimensions.
4) A selection of about five photos of distressed surfaces and textures for use as backgrounds (suggest making a custom “Backgrounds” album for them).
Before class starts:
- Please make sure to have your camera, a charged battery, your manual (if you have it), and a memory card.
- Look for an email invite to a Zoom workshop. If you do not receive one after the class has been confirmed, check your email’s junk folder or call 561-253-2600.
- Make sure your device(s) are fully charged and you have a stable internet connection.
- If you have questions, concerns, or technical difficulties call 561-253-2600 or email email@example.com
Digital painting pioneer, Corel Painter Elite Master, and live event painter Jeremy Sutton studied art at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art, Oxford University while earning a degree in Physics. Jeremy has used Painter since version 1 and is the author of six books on digital painting, including the Painter Creativity: Digital Artist’s Handbook series. He has been a platform speaker at many international conferences, is the founder of the educational website PaintboxTV.com. Jeremy has performed live event painting for Cirque du Soleil (TOTEM show); was Painter-in-Residence for the Music at Kohl Mansion program; performed live on stage with the Art of Jazz Tour of the Birdland All-Stars; and was the featured iPad artist at the opening of the David Hockney “Bigger Exhibition”, the De. Young Museum, and at the “America Now: Innovation in Art” event at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
Refunds and Cancellations
If you need to withdraw from a virtual workshop, please inform us at least 7 days before the day of class and we will refund your payment, less a 10% withdrawal fee. No refund of payments will be made if you do not notify us of your withdrawal 7 days prior to the start of class unless a replacement is found to fill your vacant space. If a replacement is found we will refund your payment less the 10% withdrawal Fee. Please note that no refund of any fees will be made for no-shows or withdrawal after a workshop begins.