2023 Call to photographers Cultural Council for Palm Beach County and the Palm Beach Photographic Centre
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County and the Palm Beach Photographic Centre announce an open call to photographers who live and work in Palm Beach County to submit a photograph taken on an iPhone to be considered for an exhibition at the Cultural Council in Lake Worth Beach December 15, 2023 – January 27, 2024.
We are seeking photographers who live or work in Palm Beach County to submit an image that was taken on their iPhone. The Call is open to all residents who live and work in Palm Beach County. Each artist may submit one to five images, but the final selection will be limited to one image per artist.
The juror will be Jack Davis.
For over 35 years Jack Davis has been one of the world’s leading experts on Digital Imagery, including now the ever expanding world of Mobile Photography! Jack routinely teaches at conferences and leads workshops around the world, as well as lecturing for companies like Adobe (who have designated him a Master Teacher), the Professional Photographers of America, National Geographic Expeditions and for the Palm Beach Photographic Center as well. Jack was one of the first inductees into the Photoshop Hall of Fame for his lifetime contributions to the industry, and has sold over a million and a half award-winning books in twelve languages. He has two undergraduate degrees in Design, and an MA and MFA in Digital Imagery from San Diego State University, where he was the founding computer graphics instructor. And when he’s not in his studio in San Diego he’s usually somewhere in Polynesia, with a smile on his face and a camera (or iPhone) in hand!
Judging will be based upon the overall quality, creativity and vision of each work.
Criteria for the Call are as follows:
- Photographers who are eligible to apply must live and work in Palm Beach County.
- Work must have been created within the past two years
- All images must include artist name, title, date, medium, print size
- Images submitted must be at least 2400 pixels but no more than 3000 pixels
- on the longest side
Deadline for Entries
Images must be submitted by October 7, 2023. A maximum of 5 images may be entered for consideration by the judge and possible inclusion in the exhibit.
You may use the online form at the bottom of this page to upload your images or you can email images to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information, and a full description for each image, :
Name Address City, State, Zip Phone Day Evening Email Title of Work Date Taken Materials Dimensions (Width-Height-Depth) Sales Price
Artists will be notified by October 27, 2023. Please no phone calls or emails. If any of your entries are accepted, you will be asked to provide exhibition prints conforming to the specifications below.
After work has been accepted, a substitution cannot be made nor a change in the artwork or titles as submitted.
Chosen photographs will be featured at the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County 601 Lake Worth Ave. in Lake Worth Beach from December 15, 2023 – January 27,2024.
- The minimum size of all final pieces must have an image size of at least 8 X 10 inches and a frame size of at least 11 X 14 inches
- The maximum size for all final pieces cannot exceed 30” in any direction.
- Canvas prints will not be accepted
- All artwork should be ready to install and be properly identified with a label to include artist name, title, date, dimensions, and media, and pricing securely attached.
All works may be offered for sale with 75% of the proceeds going to the artist and 25% retained by the Cultural Council to support future exhibitions and the artist service program.
Delivery and Pick-up:
- Framed prints must be delivered to the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County for installation at 10:00 am on Tuesday, December 12, 2023 and picked up on Monday, January 29, 2024 between noon and 5:00 pm.
About the Cultural Council:
The mission of the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is to champion, engage and grow the cultural sector of Palm Beach County. This exhibition will provide an opportunity for Palm Beach County photographers to exhibit their work in a professionally curated and juried exhibition.
About Palm Beach Photographic Centre:
The Palm Beach Photographic Centre, a 501-c3 organization dedicated to enriching life through photography, offers a world-class museum and workshops with master photographers.