Free To All! You Must Pre-Register!!
January 12, 2022 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Palm Beach Photography Workshops invite you to a free,
creatively inspiring and entertaining photographic tour through the evolution of a non traditional 50 year career.
Never assisting, self-taught, Robert Farber sold his photography on the streets of New York.
From there what evolved was an unconventional career path which experienced parallel growth, in fashion/beauty, and fine art.
A growth that was fueled by the release of his first book published in 1976, of fine art nudes. At the same time he began shooting men’s fashion covers for GQ, women’s fashion for major magazines, beauty for Revlon, Ponds, fashion ads for Saks 5th Avenue, Bloomingdales, lectures, exhibitions in galleries internationally, and this was just the beginning.
What followed aside from 15 other fine art photography books, with sales of over a half a million copies, is a 50 year experience that needs to be shared.
We believe what will result from this visual inspirational presentation by Robert Farber will be a yearning to…
hear, experience and learn more!
FOLLOWING THIS SPECIAL LECTURE WE WILL BE OFFERING A WORKSHOP (February 2, 9, & 16, 2022 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm) FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO LEARN MORE!!
So we are announcing several in depth, talks, discussions, Q&A styled workshops. The open direction and structure of the workshop will evolve based on the interest of the attendees. The members will hear in-depth, stories, receiving knowledge and guidance through interesting experiences that will fuel questions they would not have otherwise thought to ask. Whether it has to do with controversial issues that he dealt with for years as a photographer of nudes or working with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis who brought him into Doubleday to publish his By The Sea book. What about making models feel comfortable, or how about “you” being comfortable, even with famous models or celebrates. What about creating art while being paid to shoot an ad or editorial and having it published and sold with a value far exceeding your original expectations.
If you want to take advantage and be part of a unique workshop from someone whose 50 year career has been responsible for influencing generations of photographers, then signup…
Tell us the following
- A very serious amateur photographer
- A Professional Photographer
- A professional in the Arts
- An interest in the Arts, and/or the creative process.
1, The Creative Process …to feel your image (February 2, 2022)
- The true meaning of “fine art” photography
- How to Establish Your Own Unique Aesthetic… Developing a style,
- Being in touch with your subject, whether it’s a model, a still life, a landscape
- Developing a rapport with your subject, making them feel comfortable, making yourself feel comfortable
- Not thinking technically
2. Publishing and Marketing (February 9, 2022)
- Publishers and self publishing
- Books, Posters, Licensing
- The internet, Social Media
- Fine Art promotion,
- Commercial promotion Magazines and Ad agencies
3. You are now an artist… Dealing in the Fine Art World (February 16, 2022)
- How to price your work… what’s it worth
- A perceived value
- Editions, how do you edition your work
- How do I get my work out there… exposure
- Selling online
- Selling in galleries
- How to approach galleries
- NFTs Crypto Currencies Blockchains