The Palm Beach Photographic Centre proudly announces Its All New Inclusive Juried Exhibition, which will take place in our beautiful world class museum located in downtown West Palm Beach.
Membership to the Palm Beach Photographic Centre is no longer required to participate.
The exhibition is open to all photographers worldwide, both amateur and professional. Palm Beach Photographic Centre (PBPC) invites photographers working in all mediums and styles to participate.
Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
- Opening Reception: August 9, 2023, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Exhibition Dates: August 10, 2023 – September 23, 2023
- Deadline for entries:
May 27, 2023EXTENDED To June 3, 2023
- Notification of Juror’s decision: June 17, 2023 (Juror selections will be posted in our 2023 Virtual Gallery)
- Deadline for delivery of artwork to the Centre: July 29, 2023 by 4:00 p.m
- Photographers pick-up artwork: September 25 – September 30, 2023
Once the Juror’s selections have been made, they will be posted in an online gallery. Entrants will be notified via email if any of their images have been chosen and they should visit the online gallery immediately to see which images are selected and begin preparing the artwork for a timely delivery to PBPC no later than July 29, 2023 by 4:00 p.m to be exhibited in the museum.
Entries for the Juried Exhibition must be submitted no later than
May 27, 2023 EXTENDED To June 3, 2023.
A maximum of ten images may be entered for consideration by the judge and possible inclusion in the exhibit. Nude images will not be accepted.
There is a non-refundable entry fee of $20 per image submitted, up to ten images total.
Best of Show: $1,000.00 Cash Award
First Place: $500.00 Cash Award
Second Place: $250.00 Cash Award
JUROR : Adam Stoltman
Adam Stoltman is a photographer, editor, media developer and consultant involved in traditional and digital media for over 30 years with companies like The New York Times, Time Warner, Eastman Kodak and Walt Disney. He has covered 12 Olympics Games with his work appearing in magazines worldwide. As the Sports Picture Editor at The New York Times, and as an editor on The Sunday Times Magazine, Stoltman was part of a team that produced award-winning visual coverage. He has also served as deputy picture editor for feature photography at Sports Illustrated.
The submission of works to this exhibition will constitute an agreement to all of the conditions in this prospectus. Please read the entire prospectus to familiarize yourself with the terms of agreement and important deadline information.
By entering the competition, the photographer grants the Palm Beach Photographic Centre permission to reproduce their artwork for publicity and/or educational purposes.
NOTE: No frontal nudes will be accepted.
Phase 1: Online Entry Form Submission
Step 1: Please fill out the form completely and submit payment:
- The entry fee is $20.00 per image submitted, up to 10 images.
Step 2: Please follow these requirements when preparing your images for submission:
- Image metadata should contain proper Copyright and Title information as these will be used in the online gallery. Photoshop, Lightroom, and other imaging applications allow the user to set this information.
- All images must be in JPG format.
- Image resolution 300 ppi and no more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Individual files must not exceed 5000 KB (5MB) in size.
- File names must be of the following format:
Your last name followed by the underscore character, first name followed by the underscore character, and the number of your entry to match the image titles you submitted in Step 1, of the entry form online. (Last Name_First Name_Image Number.jpg)
File names must NOT contain spaces or any other punctuation characters other than a dash ( – ) or underscore ( _ ).
Any files not conforming to these specifications will not be accepted.
NOTE: No frontal nudes will be accepted.
SUBMIT BY MAIL
Click the link below to download the entry form in Adobe Acrobat format. You may then mail the form to us along with a thumb drive containing your entries. Please use the same file naming convention as for the online entry (see below).
Phase 2: Notification of Juror’s Decision
Juror selections will be posted online at workshop.org on June 17, 2023.
If any of your entries are accepted, you are asked to provide exhibition artwork conforming to the specifications below.
The Juror’s decision is final. No substitutions will be granted.
Phase 3: EXHIBITION ARTWORK
All accepted artwork must conform to the following requirements to be exhibited:
- The Centre recognizes that some work is non-traditional and will accept images printed on metal and plexiglass.
- Metal pieces must have rounded or dull corners with mounting attached. No sharp edges or corners will be accepted.
- Canvas prints will not be accepted.
- If the artwork will be displayed in a traditional framed format:
- Matting is not required but if incorporated it must be in white, cream, or ivory.
- Frame must be Black, Silver or White.
- Framed print must be ready to hang with a secure wire 4” from top of the frame (no sawtooth hooks).
- Images themselves must be at least 11X14 but not exceed 30″ in any direction.
- The maximum size for all final pieces cannot exceed 32” in any direction.
- Framed artwork must have Plexiglas or plastic. No Glass is allowed.
Identification labels MUST be attached to your prints. You may download and print the labels below.
Phase 4: DELIVERY & PICK-UP
All artwork should be ready to install and be properly identified with the identification label securely attached.
- All original artwork accepted for exhibition must be delivered to the Centre no later than July 29, 2023 by 4:00 p.m. (Delivery Hours: Monday–Saturday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- The exhibition closes on September 23, 2023. Artwork must be picked up between September 25, & September 30, 2023. Artwork will not be released to any person other than the photographer without the Centre’s receipt of written authorization from the photographer. Unless arrangements have been made in writing, Artwork that is not picked up by October 1, 2023 will become the property of the Centre.
If you have any questions regarding acceptance or delivery, please contact the Centre at 561.253.2600 or email@example.com.
Accepted photographers are responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses. Round-trip shipping expenses must be PRE-PAID with the return label enclosed and it will be your responsibility to arrange pick-up between the carrier and PBPC after the show concludes. Entries sent COD will not be accepted. Artwork must be packed in reusable packing, and all packing material must be sufficient for safe return.
If you have any questions regarding acceptance or delivery, please contact the Centre at 561.253.2600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ship all materials to the following address:
PALM BEACH PHOTOGRAPHIC CENTRE
ATTN: Juried Exhibition
415 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
While caution will be exercised in the handling of accepted artwork, the Palm Beach Photographic Centre cannot assume liability for loss or damage caused by shipping or hand-delivery of artwork. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide adequate insurance coverage for their artwork.