Cultural Council for Palm Beach County and the Palm Beach Photographic Centre
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County and the Palm Beach Photographic Centre announce an open call to Palm Beach County photographers to submit an image of the majesty of Palm Beach County with a focus on challenges and successes in the environment to be considered for an exhibition at the Cultural Council in Lake Worth Beach February 25th through April 16th, 2022. We are seeking professional artists who live or work in Palm Beach County to submit an image that highlights the majesty of the Palm Beach County environment or highlights the challenges of climate disruption. The Call is open to all residents who live or work in Palm Beach County. Each artist may submit one to five images, but the final selection will be limited to one image per artist.
Judging will be based upon the overall quality, creativity, and vision of each work.
The juror will be Matt Stock
Matt Stock developed his signature style of Painting with Light in the Dark® after building his career fusing art and science. Stock’s knowledge of his craft and innovative methods have led to many honors and awards including works in the permanent collection of Biscayne National Park and the National Trust for Historic Preservation, presenting speaker with TEDx Coconut Grove, recognition as one of five experts in night photography by Shutterbug Magazine’s 2014 Expert Photography Techniques Magazine, one of thirty artists representing the National Park System’s Centennial Anniversary. He was also recognized in 2017 with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. In 2019 he was one of thirty artists and arts organizations awarded a Knight Arts Challenge Grant. Matt teaches photography full-time at Ransom Everglades School and is pursuing his MFA at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).
Criteria for the Call are as follows:
- Photographers who are eligible to apply must live or work in Palm Beach County.
- Work must have been created within the past two years, with the theme of Palm Beach County natural environment
- The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is looking to feature artists that have not exhibited at the Cultural Council previously
- All images must include artist name, title, date, medium, print size
- Images submitted must be at least 2400 pixels but no more than 3000 pixels on the longest side
Deadline for Entries
Images must be submitted by January 18th, 2022. A maximum of 5 images may be entered for consideration by the judge and possible inclusion in the exhibit.
Artists will be notified by January 28, 2022. Please no phone calls or emails. If any of your entries are accepted, you will be asked to provide exhibition prints conforming to the specifications below. After work has been accepted, a substitution cannot be made nor a change in the artwork or titles as submitted.
Chosen photographs will be featured at the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County from February 25 – April 16, 2022.
- The minimum size of all final pieces must have an image size of at least 8 X 10 inches and a frame size of at least 11 X 14 inches
- The maximum size for all final pieces cannot exceed 24” in any direction.
- Canvas prints will not be accepted
- All artwork should be ready to install and be properly identified with a label to include artist name, title, date, dimensions, and media, and pricing securely attached.
Delivery and Pick-up:
Framed prints must be delivered to the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County for installation on Tuesday, February 22, 2022, between noon and 5:00 pm, and picked up on Monday, April 18, 2022, between noon and 5:00 pm.
About the Cultural Council:
The mission of the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is to champion, engage and grow the cultural sector of Palm Beach County. This exhibition will provide an opportunity for Palm Beach County photographers to exhibit their work in a professionally curated and juried exhibition.
About Palm Beach Photographic Centre:
The Palm Beach Photographic Centre, a 501-c3 organization dedicated to enriching life through photography, offers a world-class museum and workshops with master photographers.
All works may be offered for sale with 75% of the proceeds going to the artist and 25% retained by the Cultural Council to support future exhibitions and the artist service program.
Please use both of the 2 links below to fill out your entry information and to send your images via email.
EMAIL IMAGES TO: email@example.com